Winter has spread over the country. Snow cover in some regions of the country has reached 15 centimeters.
The Yellow Warning will expire on Thursday 22 March. Up to -9 degrees will be forecast at the nighttime in the next days.
Therefore, in order to avoid traffic chaos, drivers are urged:
- not to join the traffic without proper tires;
- required to check the condition of the heating system, antifreeze level, windshield wipers and water jet;
- check the condition of the brakes;
- remember that the vehicle must be equipped with anti-skid chains, shovel, scraper and sandbag;
- for out-of-town trips, drivers need to refuel and have a blanket in the car;
- If the vehicle starts to derail, DO NOT BRAKE!
- drive at low speed;
- It would be beneficial for you to have a pocket torch and a thermos with tea and the phone battery to be charged.
Patrolling crews are on national routes and are actively engaged in the safety of citizens.
If you are in trouble and need help, do not hesitate to ask for the closest patrol crew or call 902.