Meteorologists issued Yellow Warning for snow, while in the South for sleet and rain (15-20 l/m2, in some regions 20-25 l/m2)
Rescuers urge drivers to make sure that their cars are properly equipped for winter and to always have in their trunk a shovel and sand.
- reduced visibility;
- increased risk of car accidents;
- disruption of local traffic;
- possible isolation of some settlements;
- damages in construction sites due to snow pilling up;
- damages in telecommunication and electricity cables.
- use appropriate speed when driving;
- always use the car's headlights on all categories of roads;
- avoid tiring activities, such as pushing a car or walking through snow, in order to avoid hypothermia and heart disease;
- ensure that the car has snow chains, shovel, snow scraper, tow cable and spare fuel.