In the night of 21st October, Bălăşeşti village, Sângerei district, a woman and her three children received carbon monoxide poisoning, after using a malfunctioning fireplace.
According to the source, the 36-year-old woman and her 16,13 and 6-year-old children were taken to the Regional Hospital from Sângerei, where they required medical assistance. Their conditions are currently not life-threatening.
Emergency Services urges citizens to respect safety measures when using fireplaces or other heating devices.
Firefighters advise people to not leave the fire during the night and air the room. In case of accidents persons must call immediately on the emergency number 901.
According to Civil Protection and Emergencies Service, since the beginning of autumn, 12 people were admitted for carbon monoxide poisoning, emanated from malfunctioning fireplaces.