Valeriu Ghilețchi, vice president of European Council Parliamentary Assembly, believes that the data provided by Center for Policies and Reforms, regarding the official business trips as delegates to the European Council Parliamentary Assembly are suspicious and meant to manipulate.
According to him, the data was provided in an incorrect and unprofessional manner: "Everything they said within their analysis the citizen MUST KNOW ABOUT, were only numbers, with no concrete message or aim. Here, I wish to mention that some data was from 2015-2016, while other solely from 2016, without any additional information and explanation that might help people understand them. I request the creators of this analysis to look once again at their creation" Valeriu Ghilețchi declared.
At the same time, he claims that during the 10 years of his activity, being the leader of a parliamentary group and member of various commission and subcomission for European Council Parliamentary Assembly, he was always based on transparency in his international activity.
"I always based my actions on the principle of transparency. All my activities as Republic of Moldova's delegate to European Council Parliamentary Assembly is described with details on the international institution's website. There, you can even see if I voted yes or no in case of certain revolutions, everything is transparent and clear.
It is not the first time that I am referring to this topic, where the truth is hidden and intentions made unknown, by not providing clear data and the right of a comment to the person publishing such materials, because in the end, we are all misinformed, manipulated and disappointed" the deputy finished.
Valeriu Ghilețchi was the president of committee on social affairs, health and sustainable development from Moldova during 2014-2015 and on 26th June 2017 was chosen as vice president of European Council Parliamentary Assembly.
During his activity in 2015-2016, he developed resolutions and signed important documents such as:
- 18/12/2015 | Doc. 13935 | Motion for a resolution: Brutal violations of human rights in Russia: new challenges;
- 28/01/2015 | Doc. 13688 | Motion for a resolution: Voting in diasporas – making it real;
- 02/02/2015 | Doc. 13706 | Motion for a resolution: Human rights education in schools;
- 29/09/2015 | Doc. 13885 | Motion for a resolution: Follow-up to Resolution 1903 (2012): promoting and strengthening transparency, accountability and integrity of Parliamentary Assembly members;
He signed and addressed over 12 declarations among which:
- 04/05/2015 | Doc. 13783 | Written question: The practice of prenatal selection by sex;
- 04/05/2016 | Doc. 14058 | Written question: Legislation and practice of removal of children from theirs families in Norway;
- 16/07/2015 | Doc. 13773 | Written declaration: Historical controversy between Turks and Armenians;
- 07/01/2015 | Doc. 13660 | Report: Tackling intolerance and discrimination in Europe with a special focus on Christians;
- 06/06/2016 | Doc. 14080 | Report: Fighting the over-sexualisation of children.