A one-year-ten-month-old toddler was admitted into the hospital in critical condition, with boils covering over 70% of her body. The little girl ended up in this condition after hot water was poured over her.
The misfortune happened in Roscani village, Straseni district. The toddler is now admitted in the Republican Clinical Hospital for children "Emilian Cotaga" from the Capital.
The doctors claim that the little girl was delivered in critical condition, but she now has regained consciousness and can breathe without the aid of medical ventilator.
"The child came here in critical condition, with grade 3 thermal shock. Taking into consideration the magnitude and depth of the boils, the patient is still not out of the woods yet. The complex treatment continues in the intensive care unit" pediatric surgeon Igor Calmatui, from the "Emilian Cotaga" hospital said.
A similar incident took place in Briceni two weeks ago. When a two-year-ten-month-old toddler had over 60% of her body burned and a surgical intervention was necessary.
"Despite the stabilized condition of the child, the treatment still continues in the intensive care unit for her 3rd degrees burns. A surgical intervention will be necessary in the 3rd week of treatment" the pediatric surgeon mentioned.
Attorney claim that in such cases it is difficult to understand whether the damage was done by accident or intentionally.
"Despite a mother being constantly nearby, life can often be surprising. In some cases it also difficult to understand if it truly was an accident. or the parent's carelessness" a consultant from "Avocatului Poporului", Dumitru Dorea, said.
Each year in Moldova over 800 children are admitted for burns, over 150 of them being in critical condition.