Three minors, of 13, 14 and 16, were taken into custody for theft.
They have stolen a car parked on Cahul street from the Capital. The owner being the one to call for the police.
The three teenagers have admitted to their actions and will be investigated.
To avoid such incidents, police officers urges car owners:
- Install anti-theft systems on he car's hood and windows, as they prove to be the most efficient ones; - Make sure that the windows and doors are locked, even when leaving only for a few minutes;
- Do not forget your keys in the car;
- During the nigh, park the car in special light parking lots where police officers pass by;
- Do not keep any keys in the glove compartment of a car;
- Before leaving, make sure the car is on full lock down;
- When leaving, don't leave behind valuable things (such as purse, money, credit cards, documents, IDs, cell phones);
- In case of car theft make sure to not touch the evidence, such as broken window pieces, destroyed car parts, foot prints.