If elected the head of the state, Maia Sandu promised to reduce president's budget, insisted on 2021 budget serving the people, and identify legal solutions to the early parliamentary elections.
"Moldova has become drastically impoverished. My immediate priority as president will to help citizens get through the crisis. I will attract resources to the country that can help entrepreneurs, people who lost their jobs, poor families and retirees. "
During a press conference, the PAS candidate mentioned the first 10 anti-poverty actions to take if she wins the presidential elections.
1. I will cut the president's expenses, lower the presidency fence and be close to the people. I will ensure that the President's luxurious residences and the unused spaces of the building are used in the public interest. I will come up with legislative initiatives to liquidate unnecessary positions in other public institutions for which the state pays high salaries;
2. I will identify legal solutions for triggering early parliamentary elections;
3 I will insist that the budget for 2021 be one for the people;
4 I will take Moldova out of international isolation and bring resources to the economy;
5. I will seek support from international partners to overcome the pandemic. I will insist on increasing the number of free coronavirus tests for the population. I will insist on free anti-COVID-19 treatment for patients being treated at home.
6. I will initiate discussions with international partners for a program to support low-income pensioners;
7. I will propose a program to support small businesses affected by the economic crisis;
8. I will identify resources to help agriculture emerge from the drought crisis;
9. I will declare corruption a danger to national security;
10. I will insist on the immediate investigation of resonant files such as the billion dollars theft, the concession of the Airport.
We remind you that Maia Sandu and Igor Dodon will duel in the second round of the presidential elections on November 15.