A preschool in Sireţi village, Străşeni district has to be closed because seven children attending this institution were diagnosed with enterovirus infection. The institution administration declared the number of infections could be higher as some of them were treated at home by their mothers.
Two children were hospitalized.
Enterovirus infection is contagious and can be transmitted through air, water and contaminated food as well as direct contact with the ill.
Infected people usually suffer from abdominal pain, vomit, angina, red eyes and having temperature.
If not treated in time, the disease may develop into meningitis, myocarditis, encephalitis or hepatitis.
This kindergarten is attended by 170 children.