The 12 pupils from Tohatin got poisoned because of the water that was infected by norovirus. The announcement was made by the director of Education, Youth and Sports Direction within a City Hall's session.
The norovirus is a group of viruses that cause gastroenteritis, an infection in the stomach and intestines.
"The pupils got poisoned because of the infected water. The laboratory expertise has shown that the results are positive", declared Rodica Gut, the chief of Education, Youth and Sports Direction.
Rodica Gutu mentioned that today, the pupils came back to the classes after the sewerage was cleaned. They will recover the classes that they missed.
We remind that on March 6, 12 pupils of No.74 gymnasium from Tohation have been transported to the Hospital of Contagious Illnesses, as they had fever, vomiting and diarrhea . All them got the poisoning symptoms after they've eaten at the school canteen. The food is delivered to the canteen by a factory from Ciocana.
Firstly, the activity of the factory was stopped. Now, after the expertise passed, it started working again.