A yellow warning for heat was issues across Moldova and will enter into force on August 11 to 14.
The thermometers will show up to 33-36 Celsius degrees.
- The risk of harm to the health of the population (fainting, hypertension, sunburn, burns, dehydration), especially those in the major risk groups (children, elderly, chronic, especially cardiac and respiratory patients);
- Impairment of work capacity;
- Withering, drying, yellowing of leaves, ripe and uncooked fruits, discontinuation of growing crops.
- Avoiding prolonged sun exposure between 11 and 18;
- Wearing sun hats, light colored clothes made of natural fabrics;
- Daily consumption of about 1.5 - 2 liters of liquids;
- Avoiding excess coffee and drinking alcohol;
- Reducing the intensity and pace of physical activity.