Prime Minister Pavel Filip has asked the Agency for Intervention and Payments for Agriculture (AIPA) to resume receiving applications on getting subsidies over the limit of subsidy fund, as a result of requests from the farmers associations, Moldpres reports.
A number of 2,659 applications were submitted for 2016 before the AIPA to stop receiving the applications for subsidies in line with “Regulations on distributing means of the subsidy fund of farmers for 2016”. The documents received over the limit of available subsidy fund for 2016 will be authorized to payment in 2017.
About 4.5 million lei remained to be paid for 2015, the applications are currently processed by AIPA. In 2016, debts to farmers for 2014-2015 were paid, amounting to about 480 million lei, as follows:
- 15.4 million lei (14 beneficiaries) – subsidy documents submitted before 31 October 2014, authorized and unpaid.
- 42.9 million lei (109 beneficiaries) – applications on requesting financial support filed in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations on providing financial support to fruit producers of 2014.
- 292.9 million lei (2,381 beneficiaries) – subsidy documents submitted before 31 October 2015, authorized and unpaid.
- 13 million lei – state contribution to Vine and Wine Fund.
- 115.5 million lei (1,251 beneficiaries) – subsidy documents filed before 31 October 2015 and unauthorized, following depletion of means of the subsidy fund of farmers for 2015.