A 50-year-old man from Străşeni was killed by natural gas toxicity. His wife, Elena Pereu, deputy mayor in the locality and her 12-year-old son are in the resuscitation department at Străşeni District Hospital. According to doctors, the patients are in deep coma, serious conditions.
The tragedy happened last night. The patients were hospitalized around at eight o'clock in the morning.
"The child and mother are in a deep coma of poisoning, they are in the resuscitation department and receiving treatment", said Iurie Topor, director of the Străşeni District Hospital.
Law enforcement officers intervened on the spot after 903 was requested. According to the police, poisoning would have occurred because of smoke chimney misfire.
"The chimney was made totally wrong and contrary to the safety rules", said Vlad Burac, the head of the PGI press service .
Law enforcement officers are investigating the case to determine all the circumstances of the incident.