Forecasters have issued an Orange warning of atmospheric instability in the period of 28 June 2016 from 20:00 until 29 June 2016 09:00, so that in the north-western districts will fall heavy showers in quantities reaching 50-70 l/m2, together with thunderstorms, hail and squalls of 15-20m/s.
In this context, territorial subdivisions of the Emergency Situations and Civil Protection Service will inform the presidents of Emergency Situations Committees (regional, municipal Chisinau, Balti, UTA Gagauzia and villages).
People are asked to call 901 in case they need help and to be very attentive to the authorities’ directives.
Moreover, in this period, hydrologists forecast heavy slope leakage, with a risk of local flooding.
Thus, the economic agents, in which subordination are storage lakes, are warned to look for the state of the dams.
In case of orange warning, meteorological conditions are a real danger, dangerous phenomena with great intensity are forecasted (squall, showers, hail, thunderstorm, hot weather, frost, risk of flooding), which might affect the social economic activities and might cause great material damage and loss of human lives.
- Big quantity of precipitations may elicit local flooding;
- Are possible huge flooding in areas with a high risk;
- Risk of drainage system blocking;
- High erosion, destruction of crops;
- Road traffic might get complicated, and railway might be stopped;
- Electricity cut-offs might happen;
- Risk of dam breaking.
- To respect authorities’ directives;
- To build water channels;
- To clean water drainage systems;
- To ensure normal water flow;
- To avoid travelling in flooded areas;
- To adapt the driving speed to road conditions;
- To ensure good state of dams.