Two women aged 93 died as a result of fire started yesterday in their houses in the village Verejeni, Ocnita district and Ilenuta village, Falesti district.
The fire destroyed the goods from the houses, the women being found dead.
Moreover, other three persons lost their lives, being poisoned with carbon monoxide emanated from the fireplace. They are a 71-year-old man from Burlanesti village, Edinet district, and two women aged 71 and 90 from Cetireni village, Ungheni district.
Other four persons, two of them underage, were hospitalized, being diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. The two kids, 5 and 7 year old boys from Coteala village, Briceni district, needed medical help after being poisoned with carbon monoxide emanated by the fireplace from their house.
At the same time, a couple from Cahul got into hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning, most probably emanated by the cauldron installed in their house.
Other circumstances of these cases will be further established, and the rescuers are giving notice on the need to comply with anti-fire norms, in order to avoid fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Maximum attention at the exploitation of fireplaces and other heating systems. Elder people and the underage should be monitored, as they are most vulnerable in emergency situations.