Seven people were poisoned and five reached the hospital after they ate in a restaurant in Briceni city. Among them were four children.
The incident occurred on Sunday when two mothers went out to eat with their little ones. After eating, they started vomiting.
The children, aged between one and ten, were taken to the district hospital in Briceni.
"In the evening, at 9:00 p.m we started feeling sick and started vomiting both adults and children. I called my friend and asked her how she felt? She told me everybody feels bad, her nearly 2-year-old child and the 8-yearl old and husband started vomiting " , said one of the victims of intoxication.
Patients received the necessary care, and their life is out of danger.
"Only one person at the moment is serious. The rest of people's condition is ok," said the chief of the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Briceni District, Sajin Pentelei.
Health authorities started an investigation, and went to the restaurant where both families went but it was closed, to establish the exact cause of intoxication.
Center for Public Health Specialists in Briceni district says that if the source of infection will be confirmed to be from the pizzeria, its administration risks a fine of up to 2,000 lei.
The test results will be known on Friday.
Two weeks ago, more than 70 people, including ten children, arrived at the hospital with poisoning after a memorial meal at the church in the Tocuz village, Causeni district. The investigation established that the patients were infected with salmonella.