A tragedy took place in Grimești settlement, Briceni district. A 64-year-old man passed away after falling asleep with a lit cigarette.
The flames have destroyed the items located in the room.
According to representatives from General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations, carelessness caused the death of another 56-year-old man from Călărași. His body was found at home by a neighbor.
The investigations shows that the fire begun from a lit cigarette.
General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations warned people to respect fire safety and avoid smoking in buildings.
People are urged to call 901 in case of any incidents. According to statistics, since the beginning of this year, in Republic of Moldova took place 158 fires, with 23 causalities.