For the past 24 hours the following illegal acts were registered at borders:
- 9 people attempted to illegally cross the border;
- 2 persons attempted to cross the border using forged documents;
- 4 foreign citizens overstayed in Republic of Moldova;
- 1 attempt to smuggle goods;
- 1 drivers breached the law for transportation of people;
- 4 wanted people were arrested.
Also, 40 042 people have crossed the border, among whom 21 105 have left Republic of Moldova. The number of vehicles that crossed the borders amounts to 10 738.
Most popular crossing points were:
- Leușeni – 6 574 people crossed the border,
- Chisinau International Airport – 5 247 people crossed the border,
- Sculeni – 5 387 people crossed the border,
- Otaci – 5 498 people crossed the border,
- Giurgiulești-Galați – 2 908 people crossed the border,
- Criva – 2 156 people crossed the border,
- Cahul – 2 128 people crossed the border.
In order to ease traffic, Custom Services urge citizens to use all crossing points and not favor one above the other. At the same time, before heading out, use the ”TRAFIC ONLINE” application offered on the Custom Services official web page to see the real time situation at borders for all types of vehicles.
One you arrive at a crossing points, show understanding, discipline and patience, taking into consideration all laws for entering another state.