62-year-old woman from Hânceşti passed away after her duvet caught fire

A 62-year-old woman passed away as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. The victim was found by a neighbor in Bujor village, Hânceşti district.

According to police offices, the woman passed away in her sleep. Because the victim didn't respect fire safety measures for using a fireplace, the duvet she was covered with caught fire. The woman lived alone.

Since the beginning of this year, 27 people passed away due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

To reduce the number of deaths caused by fire, over 800 families from Moldova will receive free smoke detectors. After president of PDMVlad Plahotniuc requested the Government to come up with solutions to prevent such incidents.

Related news

Lasă un comentariu