54 people from Causeni were admitted in hospital after they got poisoned at a funeral. Nine of them are children, the youngest is three-months old.
The specialists from Public Health Centre believe that it is a salmonella infection. People are suspecting that the food got bad because of high temperatures. At the funeral were approximately 100 persons.
Two days ago, people attended a funeral lunch in the church cafeteria in Tocuz village. The food was prepared by the women from the village.
The doctors say that the patients are out of danger.
The representatives of National Centre of Public Health went to Causeni district to investigate this case.
The results of the investigation will be made public today, 7 august 2016.